Basic Purpose and Objective of the Position
The Technical Support position handles incoming support issues by phone and email pertaining to website, email configuration, and other general troubleshooting needs. Starting pay will be $12/hr part time with raises toward $15/hr and the possibility of becoming a full time position after 6 months with the company.
- Greet walk-ins and customer appointments with a friendly, service-oriented attitude.
- Handle basic phone and email support related to common customer service issues, such as email configuration, website access, and Internet connectivity troubleshooting.
- Answer incoming calls related to customer support, and general inquiries handling them according to office procedure.
- Provide timely response to customer emails related to support issues.
- Provide CMS and blog assistance, i.e., adding new content to a website or managing products in an ecommerce store.
- Return missed calls requesting support.
Knowledge & Required Skill Set
- Friendly and patient customer service skills.
- Ability to demonstrate proficient computer knowledge.
- Understanding of common website and email hosting terminology.
- Ability to learn new computer software.
- Experience with popular web browers.
- Understanding of basic Internet configuration on Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Experience configuring IMAP mailboxes for common email software, such as Microsoft Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Experience configuring mail on iPhone and/or Android mobile devices.